Sunday, February 5, 2012

Gluten Free Black Bean Brownies



































After a week of discouraging stomach aches I knew I wanted something completely nut and gluten free that I could eat (inhale) without worrying about how I would feel the next day. If the thought of black beans in brownies makes you totally want to gag, I understand, maybe you shouldsit this recipe out. BUT for the rest of you! These brownies are nothing like the sugar and preservative filled ones you will find in the store, but they are probably the best brownies I have ever tasted! So give it a try, trust me! 
- Sarah

- 1 can black beans (15.5oz)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar 
- 1/4 cup of coco powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips (optional, you can use any topping you want)

First, make sure that you wash your beans! Then, add them to a high power blender (thanks daddy). Make sure you get to a smooth consistency. Now its time for the good stuff! Add in your sugar, coco powder, eggs, oil and vanilla. Blend until smooth and liquid like.  Pour your batter into a baking pan and sprinkle your chocolate chips on top. Bake for 25-30 mins at 350. These brownies are amazing warm, especially with some frozen yogurt on top. BUT they were equally as good the next morning with some berries! 
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment