Sunday, August 19, 2012

Simple Slaw







This week is my last at home in good old Knoxville for a while- Heading out to start a new adventure in Vancouver, BC, on Wednesday! I am crazy excited about starting grad school, but I am definitely sad to leave my favorite people in Knoxville.. This week has been filled with lots of lovely times with my friends and fam. As a last true southern meal (we are transplant Canadians) my dad made some amazing smoked ribs. We ate them with baked potatoes, and this awesome coleslaw! This a simple and delicious recipe that my family has made for years, totally different from the creamy kind you get in restaurants. Definitely worth a try!


-Jillian

Slaw:

  • 1 cabbage
  • 1 bunch green onions
  • 2 carrots
  • 3 radishes
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Dressing:

  • 1/3 cup oil
  • ½ cup vinegar
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • Pinch garlic powder

Shred and chop ingredients finely. Add dressing to taste. Chill for 1-2 hours before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment