Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Ina's Gazpacho

To celebrate one of my last nights in Knoxville, and to use up some of our excess tomatoes, my mother whipped up this fantastic soup. I was definitely skeptical the first time I tried this cold tomato soup, but I quickly warmed up to the idea of gazpacho (haha).

This recipe is a classic from Ina Garten. It is so delicious in the summer with fresh veggies and some parmasean-y crackers, which I will post the recipe for soon! The flavors in this soup get better as they chill, so make it plenty of time before you eat it! Enjoy!
-Jillian
  • 4 tomatoes
  • 1 english cucumber, seeded
  • 2 red bell peppers, seeded
  • 1 red onion
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 cups tomato juice
  • ¼ cup white wine vinegar
  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • salt to taste
  • pepper to taste 

Chop veggies into 1 inch cubes, process each vegetable in a food processor until coarsely chopped, make sure not to process too finely (It is good chunky)! Combine in large bowl and add garlic, tomato juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment